Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Preemie-quilts


That's my work of the last few days....preemie-quilts.
I'm a member of a german-speaking yahoo-group and we are sewing little quilts for newborns under 1500 gr.
This quilts are given to preemie-stations in german and austrian hospitals to warm the little ones and to
comfort the parents in this hard times.

Diesmal auch in Deutsch: ich bin Mitglied der Preemie-Quilter, einer deutschsprachigen yahoo-Gruppe die kleine Quilts näht die dann zu Sammelstellen geschickt werden und in Frühgeborenenstationen in Krankenhäusern verteilt werden. Zum einem um die Frühchen zu wärmen, zum anderen um die Eltern in dieser schweren Zeit zu trösten.
Wenn du Lust hast bei dieser Aktion mitzumachen (jeder einzelne Quilt ist sehr willkommen), dann melde dich bei den Preemie-Quiltern
an. Es besteht keine Verpflichtung regelmässig Quiltchen zu nähen, nur so viele wie man Lust und Zeit hat.
Vielen Dank!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

KatieQ said...

I love your Kitty Cucumber fabric. I have some of it tucked away. It's so cute, I can't bear to cut it. I'm waiting for the perfect project.
I'm sure your quilt will be put to good use.

ParisMaddy said...

Oh that's so sweet and I bet the parents love it and it helps to ease the worry they are feeling. My son was a preemie (born 3 months early).
You are so nice.