Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sewing table

Today I will show you some photos of my self-made sewing table. First I drew the outside of my Bernina on a cardboard, than cut it out until it perfectly matched the machine. With his card board I went to a glass shop. They cut me a plexiglass plate with this card board.
At home I layed out the plexiglass plate on the table and drew around. The hole is cut 1/2" smaller than this line, because you need some space to lay the plate upon. The plate is 1/8" thick, so we had to cut down the table on this 1/2" with a special tool for 1/8" so that the plexiglass fit into the hole and is evenly with the table.
After cutting the hole we had to built the support for the machine. The height of this case depends from your machine, mesure exactly!
Oh my..it's not so easy for me to explain all this in English, but as you can see, I try very hard! :-)
I think you will understand what I mean when you see all the pictures......hopefully.... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hallo Fernande,
der Einbau ist Euch ja toll gelungen!! Sieht so perfekt aus mit der Plexiplatte. Dass es viel Arbeit und Ausmesserei ist, kann ich bestätigen, weil wir meine Maschine in einen alten Kinder-Schreibtisch gebaut haben, aber längst nicht so schön wie Deine. Wir versuchten den Original-Anschiebetisch zu integrieren, der allerdings jetzt etwas aufliegt. deine lösung gefällt mir besser, vor allem mit dem Triangle-tool. Ist das festgeklebt? Und ein "must-have"?
Danke fürs Zeigen
Angelika

Luxquilt said...

Hallo Angelika,
Danke für deinen lieben Kommentar. Ich bin mit meinem Tisch auch sehr zufrieden, :-)
Das Triangle-tool von Pam Bono ist an den 4 Ecken mit doppelsietigem Klebeband festgemacht. Ein must-have? Nicht unbedingt, aber ich bin so dran gewöhnt dass ich gar nicht mehr ohne kann.
Fernande